As if those Tricky Falls people don't have on their plate with Green Day and Morrissey, among others, on their docket, they've added dates by two very different kind of metal bands.
Ever-evolving experimental metalists Dillinger Escape Plan, armed with new album "One of Us Is the Killer," will play the club at 8 p.m. May 23.
The Faceless and Royal Thunder will open.
Tickets are $20, on sale at 10 a.m. March 1 (same day as Green Day). You can get 'em at All That Music & Video, Bowie Feathers, Eloise, Maria's Closet and holdmyticket.com.
The same locations will have tickets for the April 18 stop by Soilwork, the Swedish death metalists (the band originally had announced an April 20 date there). The band's "Living Infinite" album came out today.
They'll be joined by Blackguard, ex-Nevermore guitarist Jeff Loomis, Bonded by Blood and Hatchet.
Those tickets are $18, on sale Feb. 28.
• Meanwhile, the folks at Splendid Sun Productions have been filling up the calendar at that other musical hot spot, the Lowbrow Palace.
The newest additions to their schedule: indie rockers Widowspeak at 9 p.m. April 7 ($8 in advance, $10 at the door, $3 for those 18 to 20), fellow Brooklynites VietNam at 9 p.m. April 27 ($5/$10, plus $3 for 18-20); and England's Chad Valley, the solo alter-ego of Jonquil frontman Hugo Manuel, at 9 p.m. May 4 ($10/$12, plus $3).
Those tickets are on sale at All That Music & Video, Happy House, the Headstand, the Pizza Joint and holdmyticket.com.
Deer Tick plays there March 21, but I don't have any ticket info on that.
• Those Beatles-loving Chilean alt-rockers Los Bunkers head to town for a show at 8 p.m. March 20 at the Tork Bar and Grill, 3012 N. Lee Trevino.
Tickets are $20, $25 if you between 18 and 21, on sale at Ticketbully.
• The revolving door at the El Paso Opera production of "The Barber of Seville" has stopped with David Pershall.
He's a baritone who'll sing the role of Figaro in the comic opera, which EPO will stage at 7:30 p.m. March 14 and 16 at the Chavez Theatre.
Pershall is originally from Temple and graduated from Baylor University before continuing his studies at Yale. He's considered an up-and-comer, who has worked with the Dallas Opera, the Virginia Opera and was a cover (like an understudy) in the Metropolitan Opera production of "Maria Stuarda."
He replaced the previously announced Michael Chioldi, who was in last year's "The Marriage of Figaro" at UTEP. Chioldi was to replace the previously announced Nicholas Pallesen.
In related news, some of the cast members will appear at a launch party (or is that relaunch) for the company's revived Bravo Alliance, a support group for young professionals.
The bash will be at 7 p.m. March 2 at the Loft Light Studios, 315 S. El Paso. Admission is free. Membership is $80 per person, $150 for couples.
Go to epopera.org. for more info.
• Opening act news: Otherwise will open for Hellyeah's free show March 2 at Speaking Rock Entertainment Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. ... Spoken will open the free Volbeat/Danko Jones show on March 10 there.
• Los Lonely Boys will headline the Cinco de Mayo celebration May 4-5 at the Inn of the Mountain Gods in Mescalero.