Is Dave Koz returning this spring?
There's nothing posted on his website, but Ticketmaster is listing a "Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour 2011" date on May 1 at the Plaza Theatre.
He's not on a Christmas tour, of course, but the amiable saxman is playing some scattered dates in the spring, including two April 27 in Austin and a single show April 28 before three May shows in California, beginning May 11 in Glendale.
An EP stop is conceivable from a routing point of view, since it's on the way and would precede Koz's customary summer tour and come fully seven months before (or if) he returns with another Christmas show.
Koz, concerned that he might wear out his welcome here after four sellouts in 2008 and '09, cut back to one show a year here in 2010, bringing his holiday tour here that year and last Dec. 18.
He's sold out every show here since the early 2000s.
Still, nothing's for sure officially.
My guess, someone at Ticketmaster screwed up when "building" the show info on its website. I think the show will go on and ticket prices and onsale and presale dates will be posted soon.
Just an educated guess.
In other concert news:
• So far, 15 bands have been confirmed for the June 29 Warped tour stop at NMSU in Las Cruces. They include Blessthefall, Breathe Carolina, the It Boys, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! (who play Tricky Falls on March 12, opening for Chelsea Grin) and Man Overboard.
Also confirmed: Dead Sara, Transit, Ballyhoo!, Matt Toka, G-Eazy, I Am the Avalanche, Sleeping with Sirens, A Loss for Words, Tonight Alive and Tomorrows Bad Seeds.
Tickets don't go on sale until March 30, but you can sign up for presale tix at vanswarpedtour.com.
• Look for that War/Tower of Power double bill to play two free shows at the Speaking Rock Entertainment Center, not one as originally posted on Pollstar.
The nostalgia acts will be there May 12-13.
Speaking Rock also has added a country twofer of the Charlie Daniels Band and Travis Tritt on June 29, according to the concert industry website.
• Mescalero's Inn of the Mountain Gods has added an April 22 concert by Ted Nugent, the Motor City Madman (or, as I used to call him in frequent interviews during my years in Michigan, the Motor City Motormouth).
Tickets for Terrible Ted's show are $25, $30, $40, $50 and $60, plus fees, at the box and Ticketmaster.
• That Testament show that House of Rock East announced for April 8 isn't going to happen, as I reported here last week.
However, Crowbar, Prong and Witchburn will play the club near Cielo Vista Mall on April 8.
Tickets are $15 at Ticketbully.
• Told you about El Paso's Dirty River Boys playing the State Line's free concert series on April 18.
Pollstar's listings a Derailers show there on July 18.
• The El Paso Youth Ballet will perform "Swan Lake" at 7:30 p.m. March 31 and 2:30 p.m. April 1 (no foolin') at UTEP's Magoffin Auditorium.
Tickets are $10 and $20, plus fees, on sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 29 at the UTEP Ticket Center and Ticketmaster.
• Pollstar is listing a May 25 show by the Texas Tornados at El Paso Speedway, but there's nothing about it on the band's or the track's websites.