Here are my five teams that I think could make the playoffs in 2012 from El Paso that didn't in 2011.
1. El Dorado. Team should have the offensive talent to make it this year led by QB Cade Terrazas.
2. Parkland. The Matadors should have a strong defense and if the offense improves like many think, watch out for the Matadors.
3. Hanks. The Knights move from 1-5A to 2-4A and feature some very good offensive players like WR Patrick Pettis, who is a Division I prospect.
4. Mountain View. Injuries doomed Mountain View. A healthy year and a strong offense could change things.
5. Ysleta. The Indians have a new coach and were close to making the playoffs last year. A little bit of improvement could mean the Indians make the playoffs this year.