1) UTEP was done wrong on the spot/Price unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Joe Banyard had the first down by a yard, Price was right to complain, and any time a coach who hasn't gotten a penalty in his first 39 years as a coach gets one from an officiating crew from a conference known forprotecting its own, the crew was probably out of line. Having said that, Price should have challenged. Even after the penalty, it would have been first-and-10 when he won the challenge, and he would have.
2) Miners vs. Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day. And how impressive would that have been 20 years ago? By the way, the Cotton Bowl game on New Year's Day is the TicketCity Bowl, which I guess sounds less trivial than the Beef O' Brady Bowl, another potential UTEP destination.
3) Marlon McClure is one of the best college football players in America. 119 schools missed on him.
4) James Thomas II played far better than I would have predicted. He can give Tulsa trouble next week.
5) Donald Buckram and Trevor Vittatoe will be close to 100 percent for the TicketCity Bowl. Watch out A&M.
6) The UTEP defense never had a chance in this one. Arkansas was that much better than them, and definitely any other C-USA mid-level defense, which is what UTEP is.